New rail freight depot bid 'imminent'
A NEW planning application for a massive rail freight depot in Park Street is expected to be submitted in the next couple of months. St Albans MP Anne Main believes that the second application for the former Radlett Airfield site is imminent and that deve
A NEW planning application for a massive rail freight depot in Park Street is expected to be submitted in the next couple of months.
St Albans MP Anne Main believes that the second application for the former Radlett Airfield site is imminent and that developers Helioslough are looking for suitable locations in Park Street to hold public meetings about it.
Helioslough announced its intention of putting in a second application for a rail freight depot when it submitted an environmental scoping document to the district council late last year.
Mrs Main has since learned that the new application will follow and it comes shortly after Helioslough's first bid was unsuccessful at a major public inquiry.
You may also want to watch:
She said this week: "We need to up our activities to ensure that the community knows that this is a new application and aren't complacent and say, 'I said my five pennies worth last time.' Everything must be said again."
She added: "We do have to make every effort this time and it is even more important than ever because people will not find St Albans such an attractive place to invest in if this goes ahead."
- 1 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 4 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 5 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 6 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 7 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 8 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 9 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 10 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
No-one from Helioslough was available for comment yesterday (Wednesday).