New president for Harpenden Rotary Club
A WOMAN has been chosen as the new president of Harpenden Village Rotary Club. Lynn Blackwell works in information technology as a business analyst. Born in Glasgow, she made her home in the town 30 years ago and has three children, all living and working
A WOMAN has been chosen as the new president of Harpenden Village Rotary Club.
Lynn Blackwell works in information technology as a business analyst. Born in Glasgow, she made her home in the town 30 years ago and has three children, all living and working locally.
She said: "Harpenden has a great community spirit and the Village Rotary Club is very much a part of it.
"I'm looking forward to increasing local people's awareness of the club, what it does locally and internationally and how they can join a very lively and friendly band of men and women.
You may also want to watch:
"One of the great things about Rotary is that members come from all walks of life. You meet very interesting people that you may not come across in your usual day-to-day activities."
Lynn has chosen the Willow Foundation as her charity for the year.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 3 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 4 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 5 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 6 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
- 7 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 8 In pictures: World's last 'truly wild' horse at Whipsnade Zoo
- 9 New campaign highlights Abbey Line hidden gems
- 10 Property Spotlight: A quaint cottage on Fishpool Street, St Albans