New president for Harpenden Rotary Club
A WOMAN has been chosen as the new president of Harpenden Village Rotary Club. Lynn Blackwell works in information technology as a business analyst. Born in Glasgow, she made her home in the town 30 years ago and has three children, all living and working
A WOMAN has been chosen as the new president of Harpenden Village Rotary Club.
Lynn Blackwell works in information technology as a business analyst. Born in Glasgow, she made her home in the town 30 years ago and has three children, all living and working locally.
She said: "Harpenden has a great community spirit and the Village Rotary Club is very much a part of it.
"I'm looking forward to increasing local people's awareness of the club, what it does locally and internationally and how they can join a very lively and friendly band of men and women.
You may also want to watch:
"One of the great things about Rotary is that members come from all walks of life. You meet very interesting people that you may not come across in your usual day-to-day activities."
Lynn has chosen the Willow Foundation as her charity for the year.
- 1 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 2 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate
- 3 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 Sandridge student takes on running challenge for Mind
- 5 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 6 Thameslink teams up with community in Harpenden to support vaccine drive
- 7 Area Guide: The Hertfordshire market town of Hitchin
- 8 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 9 Tributes paid to former St Albans City goalkeeper Lee Bozier
- 10 'Nothing will take away what she has done to our daughter'