Want to get something off your chest? New podcast focuses on community issues
- Credit: Archant
A new podcast aimed exclusively at residents of St Albans is launching this week.
In conjunction with the Herts Advertiser, The St Albans Podcast with Danny Smith will contain news, views and reviews for people in our community.
Having hosted a local radio drive-time show for more than nine years, Danny saw an opportunity to create a regular podcast focused on delivering news and feature insights for and about the local area.
“St Albans deserves its own podcast, providing a voice for the community,” said Danny. “Over the years I’ve worked to understand what the local community wants to talk, and hear about. It’s important we are able to provide that platform for people so we can raise the awareness of local issues as well as hear about all the wonderful work the non-profit and volunteer community is undertaking locally.”
On the launch podcast’s main show Danny speaks to the chair of local theatre group OVO, David Widdowson, about the local theatre scene for the forthcoming month, Herts Ad reporter Franki Berry will be discussing some of the week’s top local news stories, and Margie Skinner talks about Step Outside Guides, locally produced guides exploring London, aimed at children and families. Finally, Ian Rogers and producer Sam Rolfe will discuss this week’s Hot Topic.
You may also want to watch:
You can subscribe on all the major platforms, including Apple Podcasts (iTunes) and Spotify, or your podcast platform of choice, just search for “St Albans Podcast”. You can also listen via the website www.stalbanspodcast.com or see the link on the Herts Ad’s own site at www.hertsad.co.uk.
Local voluntary and not-for-profit organisations can also get involved by joining a free Community Partners scheme which will enable them to promote their work and support the podcast.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 6 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
Danny added: “I am so grateful for all the support received so far for this new venture. And that several of the hugely popular segments from my previous radio show will find a new life on the podcast. The Herts Advertiser has been an amazing partner, especially in providing the studio space. We ran a test broadcast last week and the responses received from listeners have been incredibly encouraging.”
If you would like to appear as a guest on a future edition of the St Albans Podcast, please email firstname.lastname@example.org