New play facilities unveiled in Harpenden
- Credit: Archant
Primary school children attended the official opening of new playground equipment.
The Town Mayor, Cllr Nicola Linacre. cut the ribbon at Westfield Recreation Ground in Harpenden, alongside children from Lea Primary School, on Thursday, January 12.
The improved play facilities include swings, a cableway, two climbing frames with slides, a seesaw and a roundabout. There are also new picnic tables and a trim trail with hurdles, parallel bars, bars for pull ups and press ups, monkey bars and a spring board.
Carol Hedges, a campaigner for Westfield Action Group, said: “Members of the local community fundraised and put in the original play equipment.
“It was local people who campaigned for the whole area to be refurbished and for the wildlife area to be maintained.”
You may also want to watch:
The Mayor said: “There is something for everyone, from the very youngest to adults who want to get fit using the fitness trail equipment installed around the recreation ground.
“A huge thank you to everyone who contributed their ideas and efforts to ensure a successful project here in Westfield.”
- 1 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 St Albans Chamber's Not St George's Day event is a smash success
- 4 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 5 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared
- 6 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 7 Harpenden Christmas Carnival returns for 2021
- 8 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 9 St Albans named among Britain's best places for first-time buyer discounts
- 10 Apply for free tickets to be in the audience of The Masked Singer UK in Hertfordshire
A community open day, organised by Harpenden town council, will be held at the recreation ground in February half term.