New play facilities unveiled in Harpenden
- Credit: Archant
Primary school children attended the official opening of new playground equipment.
The Town Mayor, Cllr Nicola Linacre. cut the ribbon at Westfield Recreation Ground in Harpenden, alongside children from Lea Primary School, on Thursday, January 12.
The improved play facilities include swings, a cableway, two climbing frames with slides, a seesaw and a roundabout. There are also new picnic tables and a trim trail with hurdles, parallel bars, bars for pull ups and press ups, monkey bars and a spring board.
Carol Hedges, a campaigner for Westfield Action Group, said: “Members of the local community fundraised and put in the original play equipment.
“It was local people who campaigned for the whole area to be refurbished and for the wildlife area to be maintained.”
You may also want to watch:
The Mayor said: “There is something for everyone, from the very youngest to adults who want to get fit using the fitness trail equipment installed around the recreation ground.
“A huge thank you to everyone who contributed their ideas and efforts to ensure a successful project here in Westfield.”
- 1 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 4 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 5 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 6 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 7 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 8 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 9 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 10 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
A community open day, organised by Harpenden town council, will be held at the recreation ground in February half term.