New play facilities unveiled in Harpenden
- Credit: Archant
Primary school children attended the official opening of new playground equipment.
The Town Mayor, Cllr Nicola Linacre. cut the ribbon at Westfield Recreation Ground in Harpenden, alongside children from Lea Primary School, on Thursday, January 12.
The improved play facilities include swings, a cableway, two climbing frames with slides, a seesaw and a roundabout. There are also new picnic tables and a trim trail with hurdles, parallel bars, bars for pull ups and press ups, monkey bars and a spring board.
Carol Hedges, a campaigner for Westfield Action Group, said: “Members of the local community fundraised and put in the original play equipment.
“It was local people who campaigned for the whole area to be refurbished and for the wildlife area to be maintained.”
The Mayor said: “There is something for everyone, from the very youngest to adults who want to get fit using the fitness trail equipment installed around the recreation ground.
“A huge thank you to everyone who contributed their ideas and efforts to ensure a successful project here in Westfield.”
- 1 Armed police seize machete from Sandpit Lane in St Albans
- 2 Rapist jailed for 15 years after kidnapping teen in Hemel Hempstead
- 3 Hertfordshire teen bullying victim given royal honour
- 4 Police probe into death of man in 20s at 'Kinky Towers' in Hertfordshire
- 5 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 6 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 7 Peregrine falcon chick hatches at St Albans Cathedral in a city first
- 8 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 9 5 things you might not have known about Herts county council's new chairman
- 10 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
A community open day, organised by Harpenden town council, will be held at the recreation ground in February half term.