New Peter Rabbit themed play area planned for Willows Farm in London Colney
- Credit: photo supplied
In a world-first, the one and only Peter Rabbit will be hopping along to St Albans district in a brand new children’s attraction.
Over £1 million will be invested at a popular farm attraction to construct a major new themed adventure play area featuring the much-loved children’s character.
Willows Activity Farm, Coursers Road in London Colney, has today (Wednesday) announced plans for an “Adventures with Peter Rabbit” play area, which will open on April 2 next year.
Centred on the cute and cuddly stars of the animated CBeebies series, it is the first Peter Rabbit themed adventure play area of its kind – the plans for which will be released shortly.
Andrew Wolfe, Willows’ chief executive, explained: “We’ll be building a whole new adventure play area with ten themed activities, as well as welcoming Peter Rabbit, Benjamin Bunny and Lily Bobtail to our home.”
He said that Willows has “worked tirelessly” with its partners Silvergate Media and Lappset Creative to ensure the new area will be a “carefree place for younger children to learn through imaginative play, and also bring a smile to the faces of adults who will have memories of Peter Rabbit from their own childhood.”
Silvergate Media is the co-producer and global licensing agent of the CGI-animated TV series, while Lappset Creative is a leading manufacturer of themed activity attractions and play equipment.
- 1 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 2 Police probe into death of man in 20s at 'Kinky Towers' in Hertfordshire
- 3 Recap: Rail delays through St Albans and Harpenden after train hits branch
- 4 The Crossrail connections to Hertfordshire which were never built
- 5 Jubilee garden opened at Harpenden primary school
- 6 School's generous donation to foodbank
- 7 Peregrine falcon chick hatches at St Albans Cathedral in a city first
- 8 Fire crews receive 'multiple' 999 calls amid large blaze at Welham Green
- 9 St Albans garden centre dedicates fundraising year to Brain Tumour Research
- 10 Breakaway Theatre Company returns with an enjoyable day at the races in Ladies' Day
Highlights of the space include Peter’s secret treehouse, Mrs Tiggy-Winkle’s kitchen and Lily Bobtail’s nature discovery.
Pointing out that 2016 will mark 150th anniversary of the birth of Beatrix Potter, Thomas Merrington of Silvergate Media added: “We wanted to bring Peter Rabbit to life for children who love watching the animated series.
“The beautiful countryside setting, coupled with their focus on wholesome, activity play makes Willows the perfect place to do this.”
Apart from daily Peter Rabbit meet and greet appearances and shows featuring both him and Lily Bobtail, the farm attraction will also adjust existing adventure play activities and facilities to complement the new area.