New option for private healthcare opens near St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Healthcare on demand is the remit of a new £15m private outpatient clinic promising a quicker, more flexible option for time-poor patients.
One Stop Doctors (OSD), located off junction 8 on the M1, features state-of-the art technology and diagnostic screening.
With hospital services in Herts going through a massive period of change, including the threatened closure of Hemel Hempstead Hospital, One Stop Doctors is aiming to offer an affordable alternative to waiting for treatment in the NHS system.
Open daily, it offers early morning and evening appointments, and is the first of eight clinics planned to open around the M25.
Chief executive Ella Tracey explained: “People from places like St Albans lead extremely busy lives, so we are offering our services when they need them - whether that is early morning, at the weekend, or after work.
You may also want to watch:
“We want people to have direct, same-day access to GPs, consultants and the most advanced diagnostics services. We think the NHS is fantastic, but some people like to dip in and out of the private sector when they really need flexibility and speed.”
The clinic features advanced MRI scanning equipment, a 3D mammography machine, digital X-ray facilities and ultrasound machinery to offer fast and accurage diagnosis for a variety of conditions.
- 1 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 2 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 3 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 4 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 5 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 8 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 9 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 10 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
Available specialist care includes treatment for allergies, asthma, diabetes, cosmetic procedures, dentistry and paediatrics.
OSD is offering St Albans district residents free health checks until the end of November. You can book for just one, or more than one, of the following:
* 20 minutes GP Physical Health Check, which tests for the top killer (heart disease) and top growing healthcare condition (diabetes)
* 15 minutes Dental Check, including a gum health check, checking for decay or broken teeth and oral pathology
* 30 minutes Aesthetics Check, which includes a thorough examination of the skin and bespoke treatment/skincare advice (or plan)
* 30 minutes physiotherapy postural check, which will check for ‘tech neck’ and give exercise and referral advice
You must mention the Herts Advertiser when booking. Call 0800 852 1234. For terms and conditions click here.