New multi-storey station car park set to open
THE new multi-storey car park at St Albans City Station is to open next month. The 813-space car park built on the site of the former rough car park in Victoria Street is due to open in the third week of April after being under construction for almost a y
THE new multi-storey car park at St Albans City Station is to open next month.
The 813-space car park built on the site of the former rough car park in Victoria Street is due to open in the third week of April after being under construction for almost a year. It forms part of the redevelopment of the Victoria Street car park by Linden Homes which is constructing 362 new homes of which 107 will be affordable housing.
Train operator First Capital Connect (FCC) said it would be quicker to walk to the station from the new car park than from the previous one.
FCC is carrying out other improvements to the station. Five new ticket sale windows, including a low window for people in wheelchairs are to be installed where WH Smith was by October and they will replace the existing ticket office.
You may also want to watch:
Three new lifts allowing disabled access to the platforms are to be in place by the end of October.
An FCC spokesperson said they were also planning to install some more information screens and a new announcement system but he did not have a timescale.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 5 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 6 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 7 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 8 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 9 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 10 Shortages crisis hits district
He added that additional cycle racks would be installed next to the new motorcycle parking in Station Way.