New Mormon Bishop for St Albans
- Credit: Photo supplied
A SOLICITOR from Harpenden has been ordained as St Albans’ new Mormon bishop.
Leaders of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints recently appointed Charles Farnsworth, 38, as bishop of the organisation’s St Albans ward.
The Mormon congregation encompasses St Albans, Borehamwood, Hatfield and Harpenden.
Although Charles works as a solicitor for a law firm in London, his service as bishop will see him providing up to 30 hours in voluntary ministry work a week.
While the church itself is headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah, Mormons have been established in the UK since its missionaries arrived in 1837.
You may also want to watch:
The church’s presence in St Albans dates back to 1849.
- 1 Affordable housing block given green light for garage site
- 2 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 3 St Albans Feastival proves highlight of food and drink celebration
- 4 Lib Dems: City centre road closures are blighting neighbourhoods
- 5 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 6 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 7 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 8 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 9 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 10 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans