New Mormon Bishop for St Albans
- Credit: Photo supplied
A SOLICITOR from Harpenden has been ordained as St Albans’ new Mormon bishop.
Leaders of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints recently appointed Charles Farnsworth, 38, as bishop of the organisation’s St Albans ward.
The Mormon congregation encompasses St Albans, Borehamwood, Hatfield and Harpenden.
Although Charles works as a solicitor for a law firm in London, his service as bishop will see him providing up to 30 hours in voluntary ministry work a week.
While the church itself is headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah, Mormons have been established in the UK since its missionaries arrived in 1837.
You may also want to watch:
The church’s presence in St Albans dates back to 1849.
- 1 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 2 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 3 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 4 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 7 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 8 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 9 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 10 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school