Marks & Spencer Foodhall opens in Marshalswick
- Credit: Archant
The new Marks & Spencer Foodhall held its grand opening today in Marshalswick with a ribbon-cutting ceremony.
Store manager Sarah Harrison cut the ribbon outside the Foodhall in The Ridgeway, Marshalswick, St Albans at 10am today (Tuesday, March 27) and welcomed the first customers inside.
The opening was attended by 49 other M&S colleagues who will work at the store, many of whom were recruited from the local area.
Sarah said: “I’m really proud of the work my team has put in to prepare the store for its opening today - it looks brilliant! Seeing the store filled with customers is really rewarding and we’re thrilled with the response we’ve received so far.
“It’s great to open in time for Easter and we’re really looking forward to making sure the community has everything needed for seasonal celebrations over the bank holiday weekend.”
You may also want to watch:
The new Foodhall sells M&S food and drink products as well as specialist Easter treats. To celebrate the opening, the store held an Easter egg colouring competition, which gave local schools the chance to win an ‘eggstra’ special Easter egg hunt.
Sara, aged three, from Marshalswick Pre School was named as the winner and came into the store with her nursery to collect their prize.
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 5 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 6 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
- 10 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
Store manager Sarah said: “We had so many wonderful creative entries from local children and my team and I found it really hard to pick just one winner, but we’re really pleased Sara was able to join us today for our opening.
“We hope the school thoroughly enjoys their M&S Easter Egg Hunt before the holidays.”
Customers at the Foodhall can use M&S’s click and collect service to have clothing and home orders delivered to the store the next day, free of charge, and can also use their cards for the M&S members’ club, Sparks.
Commenting on the opening, customer Stella Johnson said: “I live just down the road and walk down to the village nearly every day, so I had to come and see what you’ve got on offer.
“The entrance looks amazing thanks to the very colourful fruit stand, I can’t wait to see what else is in store.”
The store is located at 1 Johnstone Court, The Ridgeway and is open from 8am to 9pm Monday to Saturday and 11am to 5pm on Sundays.