New Chief Inspector for St Albans police
- Credit: Archant
REDUCING burglary rates and working with parents of youngsters involved in anti-social behaviour are some of the top priorities for St Albans’ new police chief inspector.
Ch Insp Ken Townsend was promoted to the position, which involves managing the district’s policing teams, last month taking over from Simon Warwick who has been seconded to the Home Office as a temporary Superintendent.
He joined Herts Police in 1994 at the age of 30 as a Police Constable after a 10-year career selling cars in the city.
Since then he has climbed up the ranks working as a Detective Constable in St Albans for a number of years before being promoted to Sergeant working in Hatfield and St Albans as both a Patrol Sergeant and a Custody Sergeant.
Ch Insp Townsend said: “Despite political changes and centralising units and departments, policing issues haven’t really changed.
You may also want to watch:
“Building on Simon’s excellent work, my focus will be to ensure that the team at St Albans maintain a common sense approach to policing, helping to reduce and prevent crime, tracking down offenders and supporting victims of crime.”
He added: “I have dealt with progressive rehabilitation of offenders, but I have a clear message for those that continue to commit crime in the St Albans district, the gloves are off and we will do everything we can to lock you up.”
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 5 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 9 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 10 Olympian Max Whitlock opens new Harpenden leisure centre