New cash machines to be installed at St Albans City Station
- Credit: Archant
Commuters at St Albans City will soon have the benefit of new cash machines outside the main entrance to the station.
Site owners Govia Thameslink removed the old ATMs at the end of last week (February 12).
No signs had been placed in the area and passengers commenting on Facebook were angry at the decision, and also concerned by the potential safety risks.
One post read: “So instead of a quick stop I have to go out of my way up steps over the bridge to get cash and by the time I get back the taxi queue is a mile long?
“Thinking about late night arrivals home too when as a lone female you don’t want to be wandering to get cash.”
Thameslink say the brand new structures, to be installed on February 25, will remain free of charge and also feature canopies designed to shield users from bad weather and offer further security from potential crime.
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 4 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 5 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 6 Saints respond to Cheshunt shocker with hard-fought draw at Chelmsford
- 7 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 8 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 9 St Albans recycling heroes raise £28K for hospice
- 10 London Colney children will be going nuts for this new Scouts group