New canine creche holds grand opening with town mayor
- Credit: Archant
A new dog day care centre has opened for business in Harpenden.
Harpenden Canine Creche at Batford Mill on Lower Luton Road was opened by the town’s mayor Rosemary Farmer last weekend.
Group operations manager Valerie Friend said: “The mayor was delighted to be there. I think she’s a great dog lover! “The creche is in a great location as it’s very near to a dog-walking area.”
She said one of the challenges for the business was helping people understand it’s not a kennel.
“It’s dog day care. All the dogs are together in a room and we entertain them throughout the day.”
You may also want to watch:
Dogs are tested first to see how they react and if they do well, owners can leave them for full or half days while they’re busy.
The creche is open between 8am and 6pm Monday to Friday.
To find out more visit www.harpendencaninecreche.co.uk
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 5 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 6 Shortages crisis hits district
- 7 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 8 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 9 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
- 10 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book