New canine creche holds grand opening with town mayor
- Credit: Archant
A new dog day care centre has opened for business in Harpenden.
Harpenden Canine Creche at Batford Mill on Lower Luton Road was opened by the town’s mayor Rosemary Farmer last weekend.
Group operations manager Valerie Friend said: “The mayor was delighted to be there. I think she’s a great dog lover! “The creche is in a great location as it’s very near to a dog-walking area.”
She said one of the challenges for the business was helping people understand it’s not a kennel.
“It’s dog day care. All the dogs are together in a room and we entertain them throughout the day.”
You may also want to watch:
Dogs are tested first to see how they react and if they do well, owners can leave them for full or half days while they’re busy.
The creche is open between 8am and 6pm Monday to Friday.
To find out more visit www.harpendencaninecreche.co.uk
- 1 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 2 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 3 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 4 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 5 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 8 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 9 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 10 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues