Network Rail warns Harpenden-Luton incinerator could cause train delays for Harpenden and St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Network Rail has warned the proposed Harpenden-Luton incinerator could result in train delays for St Albans and Harpenden.
There are concerns refuse could blow from the incinerator site onto the overhead railway line equipment above the Midland Main Line.
Town planning manager Tony Rivero explained: “This could cause possible flashovers and consequent delays to trains.
“A key element for us will be a demonstration of how refuse will be controlled in the journey into the enclosed facility, particularly in periods of high winds.
“While we appreciate the majority of operations will be undercover, we feel it would be in the interests of the applicant to demonstrate how robust measures can be put in place to reduce this risk.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Rivero submitted his comments in response to an application by energy company Emsrayne to build the new incinerator, the Lea Bank Energy Park, at New Mill End.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 5 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 6 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 7 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 8 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?