Network Rail warns Harpenden-Luton incinerator could cause train delays for Harpenden and St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Network Rail has warned the proposed Harpenden-Luton incinerator could result in train delays for St Albans and Harpenden.
There are concerns refuse could blow from the incinerator site onto the overhead railway line equipment above the Midland Main Line.
Town planning manager Tony Rivero explained: “This could cause possible flashovers and consequent delays to trains.
“A key element for us will be a demonstration of how refuse will be controlled in the journey into the enclosed facility, particularly in periods of high winds.
“While we appreciate the majority of operations will be undercover, we feel it would be in the interests of the applicant to demonstrate how robust measures can be put in place to reduce this risk.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Rivero submitted his comments in response to an application by energy company Emsrayne to build the new incinerator, the Lea Bank Energy Park, at New Mill End.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 4 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 5 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 6 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 David Amess: St Albans MP Daisy Cooper reacts to tragedy
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans