Netflix series The Crown filming at St Albans Cathedral
- Credit: Archant
Hit Netflix series The Crown is rumoured to be filming at St Albans Cathedral this week.
The show, which stars Wolf Hall’s Claire Foy and former Doctor Who star Matt Smith as Queen Elizabeth and Prince Phillip, is said to be using the cathedral as a location for the new series.
Filming at the St Albans landmark is believed to be taking place between Wednesday and Friday.
The show is based on the lives of the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh from their first meeting through their time as a married couple.
The first season received 496,000 on its opening weekend.
You may also want to watch:
The second series is due to be available in November and will cover the period from 1955 to 1964.
- 1 Affordable housing block given green light for garage site
- 2 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 3 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 4 St Albans Feastival proves highlight of food and drink celebration
- 5 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 6 Lib Dems: City centre road closures are blighting neighbourhoods
- 7 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 8 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 9 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 10 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans