Netflix series The Crown filming at St Albans Cathedral
- Credit: Archant
Hit Netflix series The Crown is rumoured to be filming at St Albans Cathedral this week.
The show, which stars Wolf Hall’s Claire Foy and former Doctor Who star Matt Smith as Queen Elizabeth and Prince Phillip, is said to be using the cathedral as a location for the new series.
Filming at the St Albans landmark is believed to be taking place between Wednesday and Friday.
The show is based on the lives of the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh from their first meeting through their time as a married couple.
The first season received 496,000 on its opening weekend.
You may also want to watch:
The second series is due to be available in November and will cover the period from 1955 to 1964.
- 1 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 2 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 3 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 4 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 7 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 8 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
- 9 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans