Neighbouring properties burgled in Harpenden
ELECTRICAL items and jewellery were stolen in two burglaries at neighbouring properties last week.
Police are appealing for information and witnesses following the thefts from the homes in The Firs, Harpenden, between midday ant 4.15pm on Thursday September 9.
In both incidents the culprits forced their way into the properties through the front door before stealing a laptop, TV and watches from one house and watches and jewellery from the other.
A light blue hatchback was seen pulling away at speed from the area between 2pm and 2.45pm. The passenger was described as a white man, aged 25 to 35 years old with a shaved head with some blonde re-growth.
Detective Sergeant Nina Winfield from the Local Crime Unit in St Albans said: “I am very interested to speak with anyone who may have seen any suspicious behaviour in the area that afternoon, or who may have seen the blue hatchback leaving the area at speed. Or if you were the occupants and have any information that can help the investigation, please contact me as soon as possible.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to contact police via the non-emergency number on 0845 33 00 222 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 7 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 8 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 9 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25