National poll votes Club Batchwood in the top 15 “most tragic” venues in the UK
- Credit: Archant
Results are in for popular St Albans nightclubs which were part of an national online poll to decide which venue is the ‘most tragic’ in the UK.
Club Batchwood came 13th in the survey, which asked people to vote for the ‘most tragic’ hometown club.
Havana got the fewest votes, only 28, crowning it the least tragic out of the nightclubs in the running.
The poll was organised by The Tab – which is a Cambridge University founded news network for young journalists.
About 28,000 votes were cast overall, which is around 7,000 less than last year’s poll.
You may also want to watch:
Yates Bar on the Isle of Wight won with 2,107 votes, crowning it the ‘most tragic’ – Club Batchwood got 570.
Batchwood, which offers an often packed free shuttle bus from St Peter’s Street, was launched in the 1970s in the former house of renowned architect Lord Grimthorpe on what is now a golfing estate.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 4 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 5 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 6 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 7 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 8 Columban Cycling Club take on 'The Italian Job' for Home-Start Herts
- 9 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 10 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
He designed the clock mechanism that chimes Big Ben, along with the west front, roof, and transept windows of St Albans Cathedral.
See the full results hereWe want to hear your Batchwood stories - email them to email@example.com