National poll votes Club Batchwood in the top 15 “most tragic” venues in the UK
- Credit: Archant
Results are in for popular St Albans nightclubs which were part of an national online poll to decide which venue is the ‘most tragic’ in the UK.
Club Batchwood came 13th in the survey, which asked people to vote for the ‘most tragic’ hometown club.
Havana got the fewest votes, only 28, crowning it the least tragic out of the nightclubs in the running.
The poll was organised by The Tab – which is a Cambridge University founded news network for young journalists.
About 28,000 votes were cast overall, which is around 7,000 less than last year’s poll.
You may also want to watch:
Yates Bar on the Isle of Wight won with 2,107 votes, crowning it the ‘most tragic’ – Club Batchwood got 570.
Batchwood, which offers an often packed free shuttle bus from St Peter’s Street, was launched in the 1970s in the former house of renowned architect Lord Grimthorpe on what is now a golfing estate.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 3 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 4 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 5 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 8 St Albans barber and landlord hit by Covid closures due to 'pingdemic'
- 9 Revealed: The St Albans postcodes with the biggest house price reductions
- 10 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
He designed the clock mechanism that chimes Big Ben, along with the west front, roof, and transept windows of St Albans Cathedral.
See the full results hereWe want to hear your Batchwood stories - email them to firstname.lastname@example.org