National nominations for Westminster Lodge leisure centre
- Credit: Archant
A leisure centre has been nominated for two national fitness industry awards, beating off competition from hundreds of gyms across the country.
Westminster Lodge Leisure Centre has been shortlisted for the ‘customer service’ award and the ‘group exercise gym of the year’ award.
Last year the centre was recognised after Tom Gregory won ‘personal trainer of the year’ following his close work with 15-year-old cancer survivor, Bailey Sarwa, who won the ‘member achievement award’.
The centre was shortlisted from hundreds of applicants and will soon be visited by a judge who will look around the facilities, interview the manager and speak to members of staff before compiling a report.
Westminster Lodge is managed by Everyone Active in partnership with St Albans district council. Everyone Active manager, Lesley Garner, said: “I would like to thank all the staff for their hard work and dedication that has brought us to this stage.”
You may also want to watch:
Winners will be announced at an awards ceremony in Leicester on Friday, December 4.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 5 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 9 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 10 Olympian Max Whitlock opens new Harpenden leisure centre