National nominations for Westminster Lodge leisure centre
- Credit: Archant
A leisure centre has been nominated for two national fitness industry awards, beating off competition from hundreds of gyms across the country.
Westminster Lodge Leisure Centre has been shortlisted for the ‘customer service’ award and the ‘group exercise gym of the year’ award.
Last year the centre was recognised after Tom Gregory won ‘personal trainer of the year’ following his close work with 15-year-old cancer survivor, Bailey Sarwa, who won the ‘member achievement award’.
The centre was shortlisted from hundreds of applicants and will soon be visited by a judge who will look around the facilities, interview the manager and speak to members of staff before compiling a report.
Westminster Lodge is managed by Everyone Active in partnership with St Albans district council. Everyone Active manager, Lesley Garner, said: “I would like to thank all the staff for their hard work and dedication that has brought us to this stage.”
You may also want to watch:
Winners will be announced at an awards ceremony in Leicester on Friday, December 4.
- 1 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 2 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 3 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 4 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 5 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 6 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 7 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 8 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 9 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 10 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square