National award for St Albans gardener
- Credit: Archant
A garden designer has got a top award in her pocket after creating a modern courtyard with enhanced views across water.
Rosemary Coldstream, who runs her business from St Mary’s Walk in St Albans, won the pocket garden category category at the Society of Garden Designers (SGD) 2014 annual awards.
Her award was for her River Garden, in which she was briefed to create a modern courtyard garden which made the most of its location next to a small stretch of water.
The judges at the awards, which are dubbed the Oscars of garden design, described it as: “A thoughtfully designed space offering an individual solution to an unusual location. Interesting ideas, seamlessly executed. Very pleasing lines.”
Originally from New Zealand, Rosemary, has lived and designed gardens in Herts and across the south-east for more than 10 years, after studying garden design at Capel Manor in Enfield.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “Gaining this recognition for one of my gardens is incredible. It is wonderful to create a garden that my clients are delighted with and receive an accolade from the SGD.”
- 1 Affordable housing block given green light for garage site
- 2 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 3 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 4 St Albans Feastival proves highlight of food and drink celebration
- 5 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 6 Lib Dems: City centre road closures are blighting neighbourhoods
- 7 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 8 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 9 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 10 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans