“Nasty” group attack on young boy near St Albans retail park
- Credit: Archant
An 11-year-old boy has been left with bruising following a “nasty” group attack in St Albans.
The youngster was approached by a gang of teenage boys in Graham Close, at about 3pm on December 21.
They then followed him onto Griffiths Way, near Abbey View Retail Park, where he was assaulted.
One of the attackers is described to be white and was wearing a black rain mac at the time. They are believed to be aged between 13 and 15 and two of them were riding bicycles.
PC Matt Duric, who is investigating, said: “This was a nasty attack, which left the young victim with bruising.
You may also want to watch:
“This happened at a busy retail park, so I am appealing for anyone who saw this incident or saw a group of youths matching the descriptions in the area around the time stated to get in touch.”
Anyone with information can contact the Herts Police on their non-emergency number 101.
- 1 Affordable housing block given green light for garage site
- 2 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 3 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 4 St Albans Feastival proves highlight of food and drink celebration
- 5 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 6 Lib Dems: City centre road closures are blighting neighbourhoods
- 7 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 8 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 9 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 10 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
Alternatively, you can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800555111.