Naked man arrested in St Albans after driving erratically on M1
- Credit: Archant
A naked man who was allegedly seen driving a van erratically on the M1 has been arrested by the Herts Police in St Albans.
A spokesman for the force said concerned motorists contacted the police at 3.36pm today (Wednesday) after seeing the man driving naked, travelling southbound on the M1.
Two police helicopters were flown to St Albans to assist officers following the man from the motorway.
He was stopped on the North Orbital (A414) near Aylett Nurseries, by the London Colney roundabout, at 4.10pm and arrested on suspicion of taking a vehicle without the owner’s consent, and dangerous driving.
While there were no further details available, the spokesman said no one had been injured.
You may also want to watch:
The man has been taken into custody at the Hatfield police station.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 3 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 4 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 5 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 8 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 9 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 10 Black History Month: 'I am connected to the world by a multitude of threads'