Mysterious fireball in Chiswell Green?
- Credit: Archant
A perplexed driver claims he saw a flash of fire which developed into a smoke cloud above a local petrol station earlier this week.
Andrew Ward, of Bricket Wood, was driving southbound on the A405 just after 9am on Monday when he noticed the bright “blinding flash” above what he believed to be the Chiswell Green Shell garage in Watford Road.
He added: “Immediately afterwards I and my passenger noticed a cloud of orange smoke where the flash of flame had been, slowly spreading and drifting away. But I didn’t hear any noise at all.
“I wasn’t scared, but I was a bit puzzled if anything.
“The road was extremely busy, there were lots of motorists travelling north-bound. Lots of people must have seen it.”
But a spokesman for Shell said there were no incidents at the garage, while Herts Police and the local fire brigade also said they did not have any similar reports.
Did you see anything? Contact the Herts Advertiser at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's West Common
- 5 London Colney children will be going nuts for this new Scouts group
- 6 St Albans recycling heroes raise £28K for hospice
- 7 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 8 Seven men arrested on suspicion of St Albans burglary
- 9 Primary school rated 'Good' in latest Ofsted report
- 10 Video shows thief stealing parcel from St Albans home doorstep