Mysterious fireball in Chiswell Green?
- Credit: Archant
A perplexed driver claims he saw a flash of fire which developed into a smoke cloud above a local petrol station earlier this week.
Andrew Ward, of Bricket Wood, was driving southbound on the A405 just after 9am on Monday when he noticed the bright “blinding flash” above what he believed to be the Chiswell Green Shell garage in Watford Road.
He added: “Immediately afterwards I and my passenger noticed a cloud of orange smoke where the flash of flame had been, slowly spreading and drifting away. But I didn’t hear any noise at all.
“I wasn’t scared, but I was a bit puzzled if anything.
“The road was extremely busy, there were lots of motorists travelling north-bound. Lots of people must have seen it.”
You may also want to watch:
But a spokesman for Shell said there were no incidents at the garage, while Herts Police and the local fire brigade also said they did not have any similar reports.
Did you see anything? Contact the Herts Advertiser at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 4 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 5 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 6 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
- 7 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 8 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 9 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 10 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common