Mysterious fireball in Chiswell Green?
- Credit: Archant
A perplexed driver claims he saw a flash of fire which developed into a smoke cloud above a local petrol station earlier this week.
Andrew Ward, of Bricket Wood, was driving southbound on the A405 just after 9am on Monday when he noticed the bright “blinding flash” above what he believed to be the Chiswell Green Shell garage in Watford Road.
He added: “Immediately afterwards I and my passenger noticed a cloud of orange smoke where the flash of flame had been, slowly spreading and drifting away. But I didn’t hear any noise at all.
“I wasn’t scared, but I was a bit puzzled if anything.
“The road was extremely busy, there were lots of motorists travelling north-bound. Lots of people must have seen it.”
You may also want to watch:
But a spokesman for Shell said there were no incidents at the garage, while Herts Police and the local fire brigade also said they did not have any similar reports.
Did you see anything? Contact the Herts Advertiser at email@example.com
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 4 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 5 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 6 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 10 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans