Hundreds gather for live music event in Harpenden park
- Credit: Archant
Crowds thronged to a Harpenden park this weekend to enjoy a roster of live music in a local green space.
There were about 500 people at the second annual Music in Lydekker event on August 31, who came to see performances from The Tennessee Boogie Boys and solo singer Lexy.
Patrons enjoyed lager, prosecco, and refreshments alongside street food from The Weeping Chef.
Music in Lydekker was the third event in a series of three organised by Harpenden Town Council called Lively in Lydekker, which were all sponsored by Lyndhurst Financial Management.
The other events were WildFest in Lydekker and the Teddy Bears' Picnic.
You may also want to watch:
Town mayor Cllr Brian Ellis said: "Music in Lydekker was a lovely way to close out this year's Lively in Lydekker series.
"It's a privilege to host these events for residents in one of Harpenden's outstanding green spaces."
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 4 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 5 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 6 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 7 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 8 'State-sanctioned abuse' - why the family court system is failing
- 9 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 10 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield