Mrs St Albans reaches finals of beauty pageant
- Credit: Archant
A local Bollywood actor has won the chance to represent St Albans in a national beauty pageant.
Sweety Kamble, 45, of will strut her stuff against women from all over the country in the Grand Final of the UK Galaxy Pageant in Lancashire in February after being crowned Mrs St Albans in December.
The actress, model and part-time beautician of Sandpit Lane, St Albans, was understandably over the moon at being selected to represent the city.
She said: “I am so excited to have made it to the final, it is a great achievement to represent Hertfordshire in the prestigious final and I cannot wait to meet all of the other girls.”
The final at the Park Hall Hotel in Preston will see finalists judged by a panel of experts from the fashion industry in four rounds - fashionwear, swimwear, evening wear and an interview.
Sweety’s latest films include Bhaagi, the story of a British Asian family, and Wound, the tale of a girl who keeps getting strange dreams. Both are due to be released shortly.
The UK Galaxy pageant was first launched in 2008 and is open to all girls from the age of 12 and above and awards titles across five age groups - Junior Miss, Miss, Teen, Ms and Mrs.
- 1 LIVE: St Albans and Harpenden A-level results 2022
- 2 Hemel Hempstead man wanted as part of assault investigation
- 3 Franco Manca receives licence to serve alcohol in St Albans
- 4 'Minor explosions' heard during garage fire near St Albans
- 5 St Albans one of the UK's top 10 most beautiful cities, says tiling firm
- 6 Person dies after being hit by a train between St Albans and London
- 7 All trains cancelled between St Albans Abbey and Watford
- 8 'Get a grip on lawless Charter Market', traders demand in leaked audio
- 9 Body of man in his 40s found in Hemel Hempstead
- 10 Two Renault Trafic vans broken into in Hemel Hempstead
Contestants are selected from several regions nationwide and nine winners from the five categories will then travel to the USA this summer to compete in an International Pageant in Orlando, Florida.
Speaking on the potential of the event Sweety said: “The international final is a once in a lifetime experience and could be a truly amazing experience.”