Mrs St Albans reaches finals of beauty pageant
- Credit: Archant
A local Bollywood actor has won the chance to represent St Albans in a national beauty pageant.
Sweety Kamble, 45, of will strut her stuff against women from all over the country in the Grand Final of the UK Galaxy Pageant in Lancashire in February after being crowned Mrs St Albans in December.
The actress, model and part-time beautician of Sandpit Lane, St Albans, was understandably over the moon at being selected to represent the city.
She said: “I am so excited to have made it to the final, it is a great achievement to represent Hertfordshire in the prestigious final and I cannot wait to meet all of the other girls.”
The final at the Park Hall Hotel in Preston will see finalists judged by a panel of experts from the fashion industry in four rounds - fashionwear, swimwear, evening wear and an interview.
You may also want to watch:
Sweety’s latest films include Bhaagi, the story of a British Asian family, and Wound, the tale of a girl who keeps getting strange dreams. Both are due to be released shortly.
The UK Galaxy pageant was first launched in 2008 and is open to all girls from the age of 12 and above and awards titles across five age groups - Junior Miss, Miss, Teen, Ms and Mrs.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 5 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 6 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 7 Shortages crisis hits district
- 8 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 9 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 10 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
Contestants are selected from several regions nationwide and nine winners from the five categories will then travel to the USA this summer to compete in an International Pageant in Orlando, Florida.
Speaking on the potential of the event Sweety said: “The international final is a once in a lifetime experience and could be a truly amazing experience.”