Mrs St Albans reaches finals of beauty pageant
- Credit: Archant
A local Bollywood actor has won the chance to represent St Albans in a national beauty pageant.
Sweety Kamble, 45, of will strut her stuff against women from all over the country in the Grand Final of the UK Galaxy Pageant in Lancashire in February after being crowned Mrs St Albans in December.
The actress, model and part-time beautician of Sandpit Lane, St Albans, was understandably over the moon at being selected to represent the city.
She said: “I am so excited to have made it to the final, it is a great achievement to represent Hertfordshire in the prestigious final and I cannot wait to meet all of the other girls.”
The final at the Park Hall Hotel in Preston will see finalists judged by a panel of experts from the fashion industry in four rounds - fashionwear, swimwear, evening wear and an interview.
You may also want to watch:
Sweety’s latest films include Bhaagi, the story of a British Asian family, and Wound, the tale of a girl who keeps getting strange dreams. Both are due to be released shortly.
The UK Galaxy pageant was first launched in 2008 and is open to all girls from the age of 12 and above and awards titles across five age groups - Junior Miss, Miss, Teen, Ms and Mrs.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 3 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 4 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 7 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 8 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 9 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans
- 10 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
Contestants are selected from several regions nationwide and nine winners from the five categories will then travel to the USA this summer to compete in an International Pageant in Orlando, Florida.
Speaking on the potential of the event Sweety said: “The international final is a once in a lifetime experience and could be a truly amazing experience.”