MP urges Network Rail to help First Capital Connect commuters
NETWORK Rail’s performance during last year’s cold snap was not good enough, according to a recently published report.
In light of the findings St Albans MP Anne Main has today (Thursday) written to the chief executive, David Higgins, to urge him to do more to ensure much-needed improvements in train performance.
It follows her round table meeting with Network Rail and First Capital Connect (FCC) bosses which aimed to get to the bottom of why rail services had been failing commuters in her constituency.
The report, put together by the Office of Rail Regulation, found that Network Rail will miss its key annual performance requirements.
Mrs Main said: “This report underlines serious failures by Network Rail to consistently deliver the infrastructure that commuters need, and they must be held to account about that. FCC has always maintained that Network Rail is a major part of the problem, and this appears to be the case.
You may also want to watch:
“I’ve been pressing FCC for a long time to step up to the task and deliver improvements, but this will never be possible if Network Rail doesn’t get its act together.”
She added: “I will continue to maintain a dialogue with Network Rail, FCC and transport ministers to hold them all to account. The railway is vital to St Albans and we need to ensure that commuters receive a high-quality, consistent service.”
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 3 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 6 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 7 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 8 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 9 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans