MP opens Radlett Festival
- Credit: Archant
Newly re-elected Hertsmere MP Oliver Dowden attended the opening of this year’s Radlett Festival.
The festival was held on Sunday, June 11 at Phillimore Recreation Grounds in Gills Hill, Radlett. It featured a funfair, a raffle, a dog show and a children’s fancy dress parade. School choirs and local singer-songwriters performed on a live stage.
Vice chairman of Aldenham Parish Council Vivienne Charrett officially opened the festival.
Mr Dowden said: “I was delighted to attend the opening of this year’s Radlett Festival. It was a great event and I know how hard all the volunteers worked to make it such a success.
“At a time when there are so many divisions in the country it was wonderful to see our community coming together.
You may also want to watch:
“I also enjoyed meeting Zach Levin, a young Harpenden entrepreneur at his lemonade stand, as well as the local history society.”
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 9 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 10 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park