MP opens Radlett Festival
- Credit: Archant
Newly re-elected Hertsmere MP Oliver Dowden attended the opening of this year’s Radlett Festival.
The festival was held on Sunday, June 11 at Phillimore Recreation Grounds in Gills Hill, Radlett. It featured a funfair, a raffle, a dog show and a children’s fancy dress parade. School choirs and local singer-songwriters performed on a live stage.
Vice chairman of Aldenham Parish Council Vivienne Charrett officially opened the festival.
Mr Dowden said: “I was delighted to attend the opening of this year’s Radlett Festival. It was a great event and I know how hard all the volunteers worked to make it such a success.
“At a time when there are so many divisions in the country it was wonderful to see our community coming together.
You may also want to watch:
“I also enjoyed meeting Zach Levin, a young Harpenden entrepreneur at his lemonade stand, as well as the local history society.”
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 5 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 6 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 7 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 8 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 9 St Albans City over bad start says Chris Winton as improved results and performances continue against Havant
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images