Shop Local: Harpenden MP Bim backs Herts Ad campaign
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
Harpenden MP Bim Afolami has given his support to the Herts Ad’s #ShopLocal campaign.
The campaign is a plea to shoppers to consider independent traders and businesses this Christmas and beyond.
Bim says protecting local high streets and small businesses in his constituency is one of his main priorities.
At the beginning of the coronavirus pandemic, he helped to develop a way in which local authorities across the country could support local businesses who had fallen between the cracks of the government’s schemes of support.
Mr Afolami has also been visiting Harpenden High Street and villages such as Wheathampstead, Redbourn and Sandridge, speaking to local businesses about what they are facing during this challenging time.
You may also want to watch:
He added: “I welcome the Herts Ad’s #ShopLocal campaign to encourage shopping in local independent retailers. In Harpenden and surrounding villages, we are lucky to have so many fantastic local businesses, it is important that we continue to support these now more than ever. They are the lifeblood of our communities and I urge shoppers to consider these independent traders and businesses when they reopen, to bolster our beloved High Streets.”
He urged local business owners to fill out his survey so that he could take the message to local Government at www.bimafolami.co.uk/business-survey.
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 9 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
- 10 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book