Motorway Crash Causes Hours of Traffic Chaos Around St Albans
A MULTI vehicle pile-up on the M25 caused traffic chaos around St Albans for around seven hours yesterday (Sunday.) The motorway was closed following the accident between junctions 22 and 21a at 11.30am. It involved two lorries, one of which had jack-kni
A MULTI vehicle pile-up on the M25 caused traffic chaos around St Albans for around seven hours yesterday (Sunday.)
The motorway was closed following the accident between junctions 22 and 21a at 11.30am. It involved two lorries, one of which had jack-knifed, and two vehicles.
The road was closed until around 6pm so that a diesel spillage could be cleared and roads around St Albans came to a standstill as motorists attempted to find alternative routes.
Worse affected were the A414, between London Colney and the Park Street roundabout, and Harper Lane heading towards Watling Street.
You may also want to watch:
One of the lorry drivers sustained minor injuries in the accident and was taken to hospital.
Ambulance service spokesman Gary Sanderson said: "Our emergency operations centre (control room) in Bedford received 15 999 calls to this incident. Initial reports stated that two lorries and two cars were in collision. A man who we believe to be in his 20s, who was from one of the lorries involved, was taken to Watford General hospital with minor injuries.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 3 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 6 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 7 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 8 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 9 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
- 10 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?