Motorway Crash Causes Hours of Traffic Chaos Around St Albans
A MULTI vehicle pile-up on the M25 caused traffic chaos around St Albans for around seven hours yesterday (Sunday.) The motorway was closed following the accident between junctions 22 and 21a at 11.30am. It involved two lorries, one of which had jack-kni
A MULTI vehicle pile-up on the M25 caused traffic chaos around St Albans for around seven hours yesterday (Sunday.)
The motorway was closed following the accident between junctions 22 and 21a at 11.30am. It involved two lorries, one of which had jack-knifed, and two vehicles.
The road was closed until around 6pm so that a diesel spillage could be cleared and roads around St Albans came to a standstill as motorists attempted to find alternative routes.
Worse affected were the A414, between London Colney and the Park Street roundabout, and Harper Lane heading towards Watling Street.
One of the lorry drivers sustained minor injuries in the accident and was taken to hospital.
Ambulance service spokesman Gary Sanderson said: "Our emergency operations centre (control room) in Bedford received 15 999 calls to this incident. Initial reports stated that two lorries and two cars were in collision. A man who we believe to be in his 20s, who was from one of the lorries involved, was taken to Watford General hospital with minor injuries.
- 1 St Albans gang members jailed for running cannabis factory network
- 2 Enjoy Christmas carols with ukuleles and a brass band in St Albans park
- 3 Where and when can you see Santa's float in St Albans?
- 4 Man wanted for criminal damage at The Horn pub
- 5 Victorian street theatre coming to St Albans city centre this Christmas with classic Dickensian tale
- 6 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 7 Area Guide: The popular Camp area of St Albans
- 8 Hit and run on deadly Redbourn Road
- 9 Restaurant review: Christmas at The Ivy in St Albans
- 10 St Albans named among UK's best places for Christmas activities