Motorist and passenger injured in St Albans road accident
A ST Albans motorist and his passenger were seriously injured in a road traffic accident which took place in Coopers Green Lane on Saturday. The 25-year-old driver was taken to the Royal Free Hospital by land ambulance and the passenger in his red Renault
A ST Albans motorist and his passenger were seriously injured in a road traffic accident which took place in Coopers Green Lane on Saturday.
The 25-year-old driver was taken to the Royal Free Hospital by land ambulance and the passenger in his red Renault Megane was air-lifted to Addenbrookes Hospital in Cambridge.
The Renault, travelling towards St Albans, was involved in a collision with a silver Honda CRV travelling towards Stanborough at the junction with Hatfield Avenue at around 4pm.
The driver of the Honda, a 50-year-old man from St Albans, was taken to hospital with slight injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Police are appealing to the driver of a dark car who may have been in the vicinity of the crash to come forward.
The driver of that vehicle or any members of the public who witnessed the accident are asked to contact Pc Bob Hauxwell on 0845 555 111 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 5 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 6 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 7 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 8 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 9 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 10 Cheers! Great Northern pub set to host beer and cider festival