Motorcyclist taken to hospital by air ambulance after collision in Radlett Lane
- Credit: Archant
A 21-year-old motorcyclist has been taken to the Royal London Hospital with very serious injuries after colliding with a van this morning (Monday).
An air ambulance was called to transport the man, whose Kawasaki motorcycle collided with a VW van before 9am on Radlett Lane, between Shenley and Radlett.
A spokeswoman for the East of England Ambulance Service Trust said that upon reaching the scene of the crash, paramedics found that the motorcyclist had received “very serious injuries” to his abdomen and legs.
The air ambulance landed in fields near the grounds of the local cricket club.
A spokeswoman for Herts Police said that the collision occurred outside tea rooms in Shenley.
You may also want to watch:
Radlett Lane was closed by officers for two hours, until 11.09am, to allow for the injured man to be attended to, and his motorcycle to be recovered.
- 1 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 2 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 3 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 4 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 5 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 6 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 7 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Sustainable St Albans hosting Open Food Gardens event across district
- 10 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden