Motorcyclist taken to hospital by air ambulance after collision in Radlett Lane
- Credit: Archant
A 21-year-old motorcyclist has been taken to the Royal London Hospital with very serious injuries after colliding with a van this morning (Monday).
An air ambulance was called to transport the man, whose Kawasaki motorcycle collided with a VW van before 9am on Radlett Lane, between Shenley and Radlett.
A spokeswoman for the East of England Ambulance Service Trust said that upon reaching the scene of the crash, paramedics found that the motorcyclist had received “very serious injuries” to his abdomen and legs.
The air ambulance landed in fields near the grounds of the local cricket club.
A spokeswoman for Herts Police said that the collision occurred outside tea rooms in Shenley.
You may also want to watch:
Radlett Lane was closed by officers for two hours, until 11.09am, to allow for the injured man to be attended to, and his motorcycle to be recovered.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 7 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 8 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 9 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 10 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans