Motorcyclist taken to hospital after collision with Land Rover in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A motorcyclist was taken to Watford General Hospital following a collision with a 4X4 yesterday (Sunday) afternoon.
Jake Asby, media officer for the East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust said that paramedics were called to Batchwood Drive at about 3pm following reports of a collision.
He said: “We sent a rapid response vehicle and ambulance crew to assist. A man at the scene, believed to be in his 40s - who was conscious and breathing - was treated before being taken to Watford General Hospital for further treatment.”
Jake said there were no specific details of the motorcyclist’s injuries, but “there wasn’t any critical care resources required which indicates that the patient hadn’t sustained anything too serious or life-threatening”.
A spokesman for Herts Police said officers were also called to Waverley Road, at its junction with Batchwood Drive, as the road was blocked as a result of the collision between a Land Rover Freelander and a motorbike - the make of which was not known.
Herts county council’s highway contractor, Ringway, was then called to help clear up, as there was oil on the road and damage to a bollard. Waverley Road was re-opened at 4.20pm.
- 1 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 2 Seven men arrested on suspicion of St Albans burglary
- 3 Video shows thief stealing parcel from St Albans home doorstep
- 4 Primary school rated 'Good' in latest Ofsted report
- 5 Honest truths spilled in Saints dressing room after humbling FA Trophy defeat to Cheshunt
- 6 This is Harpenden: faces of town's residents feature in new exhibition
- 7 St Albans Local Plan delayed to autumn 2025
- 8 St Albans' Rachel Andrews stars alongside James Nesbitt and Eddie Izzard in new Netflix series Stay Close
- 9 After another near miss, crossing desperately needed outside St Albans school
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area