Motorcyclist hospitalised after collision in Colney Heath
- Credit: Archant
A motorcyclist has been left in a serious condition after colliding with a car on the A414.
Paramedics and police officers were called to the Colney Heath longabout at about 8.20am today (Tuesday), after a red Honda Hornet collided with a blue Ford Focus.
The motorcyclist, a man in his 30s, is being treated for a serious leg injury at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital.
Shortly after the collision, there was a second collision between three cars directly opposite; it is believed this was caused by drivers slowing down to look at the crash scene.
A spokesman for Herts Police said that the drivers involved in the second collision escaped with minor damage to their vehicles and did not suffer any injuries.
Emergency services left the site at around 9.20am and all traffic has since been cleared.
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 5 Saints respond to Cheshunt shocker with hard-fought draw at Chelmsford
- 6 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 7 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 8 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 9 St Albans recycling heroes raise £28K for hospice
- 10 Allinson happy with the reaction from St Albans City in the draw at Chelmsford