Motorcyclist hospitalised after collision in Colney Heath
- Credit: Archant
A motorcyclist has been left in a serious condition after colliding with a car on the A414.
Paramedics and police officers were called to the Colney Heath longabout at about 8.20am today (Tuesday), after a red Honda Hornet collided with a blue Ford Focus.
The motorcyclist, a man in his 30s, is being treated for a serious leg injury at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital.
Shortly after the collision, there was a second collision between three cars directly opposite; it is believed this was caused by drivers slowing down to look at the crash scene.
A spokesman for Herts Police said that the drivers involved in the second collision escaped with minor damage to their vehicles and did not suffer any injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Emergency services left the site at around 9.20am and all traffic has since been cleared.
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 5 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 6 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 7 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 10 Sustainable St Albans hosting Open Food Gardens event across district