Motorcyclist dies on A414 in St Albans
A MOTORCYCLIST died at the scene of an accident yesterday (Sunday) morning.
The incident, which also involved a blue Ford Fiesta, happened along the westbound A414 in St Albans at the longabout by Colney Heath at around 9.30am.
The 64-year-old man from Enfield driving the BMW motorcycle died at the scene and a woman driving the car was cut free from the vehicle and taken to the QE2 Hospital, where she remains with serious injuries.
A man and two children with minor injuries were also taken to hospital.
Four ambulances and the Air Ambulance attended the scene.
You may also want to watch:
The road was closed for around three hours for investigations and recovery to take place.
Police are appealing for witnesses to the collision to come forward urgently by calling Pc Matt Hollingsworth on 0845 33 00 222.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 10 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park