Motorcyclist dies on A414 in St Albans
A MOTORCYCLIST died at the scene of an accident yesterday (Sunday) morning.
The incident, which also involved a blue Ford Fiesta, happened along the westbound A414 in St Albans at the longabout by Colney Heath at around 9.30am.
The 64-year-old man from Enfield driving the BMW motorcycle died at the scene and a woman driving the car was cut free from the vehicle and taken to the QE2 Hospital, where she remains with serious injuries.
A man and two children with minor injuries were also taken to hospital.
Four ambulances and the Air Ambulance attended the scene.
You may also want to watch:
The road was closed for around three hours for investigations and recovery to take place.
Police are appealing for witnesses to the collision to come forward urgently by calling Pc Matt Hollingsworth on 0845 33 00 222.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 5 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 6 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 9 St Albans Feastival proves highlight of food and drink celebration
- 10 Olympian Max Whitlock opens new Harpenden leisure centre