Motorcyclist dies after road crash
A MOTORCYCLIST died following a collision with a car at a busy set of traffic lights at the weekend. The crash happened on the A5 at Markyate at the junction with Luton Road (B4549) on Saturday afternoon at about 12.30pm. It is believed the 17-year-old d
A MOTORCYCLIST died following a collision with a car at a busy set of traffic lights at the weekend.
The crash happened on the A5 at Markyate at the junction with Luton Road (B4549) on Saturday afternoon at about 12.30pm.
It is believed the 17-year-old driver in a blue Vauxhall Astra was turning right into Luton Road when the vehicle was in collision with a red-and-white Honda CBR motorbike.
The motorcyclist, a 48-year-old man from Northwood, was taken to Luton and Dunstable Hospital with serious injuries where he subsequently died.
You may also want to watch:
Police officers are appealing to anyone who may have seen either vehicle prior to the incident or anyone who may have seen the phasing of the traffic lights at the time of the collision to contact them. Anyone with information should call 0845 33 00 222.
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 3 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 Harpenden couple donate vital equipment for maternity ward
- 6 Harpenden card cloning suspects arrested
- 7 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 8 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 9 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 10 Harpenden great-grandad celebrates 100th birthday