Motorcyclist dies after road crash
A MOTORCYCLIST died following a collision with a car at a busy set of traffic lights at the weekend. The crash happened on the A5 at Markyate at the junction with Luton Road (B4549) on Saturday afternoon at about 12.30pm. It is believed the 17-year-old d
A MOTORCYCLIST died following a collision with a car at a busy set of traffic lights at the weekend.
The crash happened on the A5 at Markyate at the junction with Luton Road (B4549) on Saturday afternoon at about 12.30pm.
It is believed the 17-year-old driver in a blue Vauxhall Astra was turning right into Luton Road when the vehicle was in collision with a red-and-white Honda CBR motorbike.
The motorcyclist, a 48-year-old man from Northwood, was taken to Luton and Dunstable Hospital with serious injuries where he subsequently died.
You may also want to watch:
Police officers are appealing to anyone who may have seen either vehicle prior to the incident or anyone who may have seen the phasing of the traffic lights at the time of the collision to contact them. Anyone with information should call 0845 33 00 222.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 3 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 4 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 5 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 6 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 9 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 10 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order