Motorcyclist death driver appears in St Albans Crown Court
- Credit: Archant
A motorist will be sentenced later this month after admitting causing the death of a motorcyclist in St Albans by careless driving when she appeared in court on Friday, August 26.
Katherine Benson, 46, of Oakwood Drive, St Albans, was driving a black Ford Focus on July 13 last year when it was in collision with a black Suzuki ridden by Brett Cansdale.
Mr Cansdale, aged 33, from London Colney, died at the scene of the accident in Highfield Park Drive at 9.10am that morning.
At the time of his death, his partner Lisa said in the Herts Advertiser: “Brett was a loving father of eight - four of his own and four he most definitely took under his wing as his own.”
She said he was a family man and his death had left them all devastated.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Benson was bailed by Judge Andrew Bright at St Albans Crown Court to be sentenced on September 21 after pre-sentence reports are prepared.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 5 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 6 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public