Motorcyclist death driver appears in St Albans Crown Court
- Credit: Archant
A motorist will be sentenced later this month after admitting causing the death of a motorcyclist in St Albans by careless driving when she appeared in court on Friday, August 26.
Katherine Benson, 46, of Oakwood Drive, St Albans, was driving a black Ford Focus on July 13 last year when it was in collision with a black Suzuki ridden by Brett Cansdale.
Mr Cansdale, aged 33, from London Colney, died at the scene of the accident in Highfield Park Drive at 9.10am that morning.
At the time of his death, his partner Lisa said in the Herts Advertiser: “Brett was a loving father of eight - four of his own and four he most definitely took under his wing as his own.”
She said he was a family man and his death had left them all devastated.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Benson was bailed by Judge Andrew Bright at St Albans Crown Court to be sentenced on September 21 after pre-sentence reports are prepared.
- 1 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 4 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 5 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 6 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 7 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 8 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 9 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 10 'Witty, dramatic and rewarding' Skylight set for Abbey Theatre in St Albans