Motorcyclist breaks leg after collision in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
An air ambulance was called to a collision in St Albans last night (Monday), after a motorcyclist broke his leg on the North Orbital Road (A405).
A spokeswoman for Herts Police said that the motorcyclist appeared to have lost control at the roundabout crossing the M25 (21A), beyond the Noke Hotel in Chiswell Green, at about 8.30pm.
The injured man, believed to have been in his 40s, was driving a Yamaha MT-09 and, according to Herts Fire Control, he had collided with the barrier.
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust said that two crews were sent to the collision, along with a rapid response vehicle. Because of the severity of the man’s fracture, the East Anglian air ambulance was called, arriving in the vicinity at about 9.40pm.
However, after treatment at the scene, the motorcyclist was taken by land ambulance to St Mary’s Hospital in Paddington.
You may also want to watch:
Apart from emergency services, including firefighters, highway officials also attended the incident.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 4 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 5 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 8 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 9 12 facts you might not known about Batchwood Hall Covid vaccination centre
- 10 St Albans County Lines crackdown continues with more arrests