Motorbikes stolen from St Albans School
SEVEN motorbikes were stolen from the grounds of a St Albans school on Sunday evening.
The scooter-type vehicles were taken from a container on the grounds of Francis Bacon School, in Drakes Drive, between 7.50pm and 11.40pm.
It is believed that four thieves cut the padlocks to the gates and the storage containers.
The bikes stolen included three Piagio scooters, two Bronson scooters, a Peugeot scooter and a Yamaha scooter.
PC Chris Kouwenberg, from Intervention in St Albans, said: “Two of the scooters have now been recovered and we are looking at a number of lines of inquiry, however I would like to ask local people for their help in finding those responsible.
You may also want to watch:
“If you were in the area that evening and saw anything suspicious, if you have heard anything about who the offenders were or if you believe you have seen any of the bikes, please contact me.”
Anyone with information should contact PC Kouwenberg via the non-emergency number 101. Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111. You could be entitled to a cash reward.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 7 From supplying secret agents to headmaster's secretary, Patricia celebrates centenary
- 8 Our local wildlife needs your voice!
- 9 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 10 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match