Motorbikes stolen from St Albans School
SEVEN motorbikes were stolen from the grounds of a St Albans school on Sunday evening.
The scooter-type vehicles were taken from a container on the grounds of Francis Bacon School, in Drakes Drive, between 7.50pm and 11.40pm.
It is believed that four thieves cut the padlocks to the gates and the storage containers.
The bikes stolen included three Piagio scooters, two Bronson scooters, a Peugeot scooter and a Yamaha scooter.
PC Chris Kouwenberg, from Intervention in St Albans, said: “Two of the scooters have now been recovered and we are looking at a number of lines of inquiry, however I would like to ask local people for their help in finding those responsible.
You may also want to watch:
“If you were in the area that evening and saw anything suspicious, if you have heard anything about who the offenders were or if you believe you have seen any of the bikes, please contact me.”
Anyone with information should contact PC Kouwenberg via the non-emergency number 101. Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111. You could be entitled to a cash reward.
- 1 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 2 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 3 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 4 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 5 Green light given to new hospital project
- 6 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Sustainability is key driver at golf club redevelopment
- 9 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 10 History comes to life at Celtic Harmony in Hertfordshire