Mother of young St Albans man who died from cancer braves the shave in his memory
- Credit: Archant
A mother and her friend have shaved their heads following the death of a beloved 21-year-old from cancer.
Tyler Hargrave, who grew up and worked in St Albans, died last month after a long battle with the disease.
His mother, Hayley Allum, and her friend Sarah Hodgson, decided to ‘Brave the Shave’ in his memory.
The two women took the plunge at Phoenix Barbers in Marshalswick as part of cancer support charity Macmillan’s national headshave campaign.
At the time of Tyler’s death, Hayley said: “He was the strongest, bravest person we have ever known and we shall miss him very much. Sleep tight our darling angel until we meet again.”
You may also want to watch:
So far the pair have raised more than £2,700, beating their target of £1,000.
On the fundraising page, Hayley wrote: “We have and still are receiving help and support from this amazing charity. I really want to raise as much money as possible for them and in shaving my hair I think we can all say that’s no mean feat but not as brave or strong as all those people that don’t have the choice.”
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 5 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 6 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 7 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 Look! Sneak peek inside Harpenden's new Eric Morecambe Centre
She went on: “I have seen first hand what this terrible disease does to a person and if I can help make someone smile whilst they are going through this awful time then shaving my hair is nothing.”
If you would like to donate, click here.