Superhero schoolboy raises money for Children in Need with Morrisons
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans schoolboy has teamed up with Morrisons supermarket to raise money for Children in Need.
Leon Pileborg Dunnster, aged five, is doing a charity walk to school tomorrow (November 13), sponsored by the community champion at Morrisons St Albans.
In the last two days, the Edge Grove Prep School pupil has already raised £216 for the children’s charity, thanks to generous donations by Morrisons colleagues and the wider local community.
To support Leon’s sponsored walk, staff at Morrisons are holding a sponsored fancy dress event on Friday. Morrisons’ community champion Shelley Crawford said: “He is our little star.”
“We are supporting Children in Need 2020 as it has been a really tough year for the children’s charities due to the pandemic. Our support for schools and children’s charities have been endless throughout COVID-19 and we will continue to support them with every given opportunity.”
Leon will be at Morrisons on Friday dressed as Captain America asking for support and donations for the charity.
Morrisons has also been supporting those in need during the pandemic with their doorstep delivery service, which has ensured that those who are vulnerable don’t go without essential provisions.
- 1 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 2 'Don't touch my hair!' - tackling hair discrimination against black youngsters
- 3 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 4 Property Spotlight: A striking modern apartment in St Albans
- 5 From St Albans to the Australian outback for The Tourist's Shalom Brune-Franklin in BBC One series
- 6 Red Door Recruitment share tips to help you land your dream job as they celebrate 15 years in business
- 7 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 8 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 9 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 10 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
For further information about Morrisons St Albans’ charity work, contact their community champion at 07811 715 317 or firstname.lastname@example.org