Superhero schoolboy raises money for Children in Need with Morrisons
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans schoolboy has teamed up with Morrisons supermarket to raise money for Children in Need.
Leon Pileborg Dunnster, aged five, is doing a charity walk to school tomorrow (November 13), sponsored by the community champion at Morrisons St Albans.
In the last two days, the Edge Grove Prep School pupil has already raised £216 for the children’s charity, thanks to generous donations by Morrisons colleagues and the wider local community.
To support Leon’s sponsored walk, staff at Morrisons are holding a sponsored fancy dress event on Friday. Morrisons’ community champion Shelley Crawford said: “He is our little star.”
“We are supporting Children in Need 2020 as it has been a really tough year for the children’s charities due to the pandemic. Our support for schools and children’s charities have been endless throughout COVID-19 and we will continue to support them with every given opportunity.”
You may also want to watch:
Leon will be at Morrisons on Friday dressed as Captain America asking for support and donations for the charity.
Morrisons has also been supporting those in need during the pandemic with their doorstep delivery service, which has ensured that those who are vulnerable don’t go without essential provisions.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 5 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 6 St Albans City over bad start says Chris Winton as improved results and performances continue against Havant
- 7 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 8 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 9 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 10 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
For further information about Morrisons St Albans’ charity work, contact their community champion at 07811 715 317 or email@example.com