Superhero schoolboy raises money for Children in Need with Morrisons
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans schoolboy has teamed up with Morrisons supermarket to raise money for Children in Need.
Leon Pileborg Dunnster, aged five, is doing a charity walk to school tomorrow (November 13), sponsored by the community champion at Morrisons St Albans.
In the last two days, the Edge Grove Prep School pupil has already raised £216 for the children’s charity, thanks to generous donations by Morrisons colleagues and the wider local community.
To support Leon’s sponsored walk, staff at Morrisons are holding a sponsored fancy dress event on Friday. Morrisons’ community champion Shelley Crawford said: “He is our little star.”
“We are supporting Children in Need 2020 as it has been a really tough year for the children’s charities due to the pandemic. Our support for schools and children’s charities have been endless throughout COVID-19 and we will continue to support them with every given opportunity.”
Leon will be at Morrisons on Friday dressed as Captain America asking for support and donations for the charity.
Morrisons has also been supporting those in need during the pandemic with their doorstep delivery service, which has ensured that those who are vulnerable don’t go without essential provisions.
- 1 Dog owner avoids jail after hitting pet so hard that wooden pole snaps
- 2 Recap: Lorry catches fire on M25 in Hertfordshire
- 3 St Albans Post Office branch re-opening after three years
- 4 Man arrested following alleged St Albans M&S theft
- 5 Woman in her 70s victim of St Albans 'distraction theft'
- 6 Local NHS111 service provider to handle minor injuries at St Albans City Hospital
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Cool off at London Colney's new Watersplash
- 9 Recap: Rail firm cancels trains due to Herts 'operational issue'
- 10 Woodland access saved by Chiswell Green campaigner
For further information about Morrisons St Albans’ charity work, contact their community champion at 07811 715 317 or email@example.com