Museum of St Albans housing builders in line for CCOS job
- Credit: Archant
The company behind the housing on the former Museum of St Albans site are being lined up for the Civic Centre Opportunity Site South project.
St Albans district council officers have recommended Morgan Sindall be directly appointed to run construction work on the CCOS site.
In a report to the council’s cabinet, officers wrote: “Due to time critical factors, a direct appointment to Morgan Sindall was considered.
“The council believes this is the best option due to the speed of procurement, proven value for money with low overheads and profits, contractor capability and performance demonstrated on another council project.”
Morgan Sindall was put in charge of building ten town houses on the site of the old museum on Hatfield Road.
In addition, the company had the highest quality versus price score in the officers’ evaluation framework.
Hence they have been recommended for the job, with the decision due to be made at a cabinet meeting on Thursday, December 20.
- 1 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 3 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 4 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 5 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 6 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 7 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 8 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 9 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 10 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins