Museum of St Albans housing builders in line for CCOS job
- Credit: Archant
The company behind the housing on the former Museum of St Albans site are being lined up for the Civic Centre Opportunity Site South project.
St Albans district council officers have recommended Morgan Sindall be directly appointed to run construction work on the CCOS site.
In a report to the council’s cabinet, officers wrote: “Due to time critical factors, a direct appointment to Morgan Sindall was considered.
“The council believes this is the best option due to the speed of procurement, proven value for money with low overheads and profits, contractor capability and performance demonstrated on another council project.”
Morgan Sindall was put in charge of building ten town houses on the site of the old museum on Hatfield Road.
You may also want to watch:
In addition, the company had the highest quality versus price score in the officers’ evaluation framework.
Hence they have been recommended for the job, with the decision due to be made at a cabinet meeting on Thursday, December 20.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 5 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 6 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 7 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 8 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 9 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 10 Olympic legend Denise Lewis unveils inspirational mural in St Albans