More traffic chaos as heavy snow returns
THERE was further travel chaos in the St Albans district today (Friday) after further heavy snowfalls on top of the week s earlier snow. Holywell Hill and St Stephen s Hill in St Albans were closed to traffic after a two car accident there this morning ar
THERE was further travel chaos in the St Albans district today (Friday) after further heavy snowfalls on top of the week's earlier snow.
Holywell Hill and St Stephen's Hill in St Albans were closed to traffic after a two car accident there this morning around 8.30am.
Arriva buses suspended their service after one of their vehicles skidded outside St Albans City Station at about 9am blocking the entrance. Gritters were called to the scene as emergency services worked to clear the road.
Trains were running but with delays.
You may also want to watch:
The Harpenden branch of NatWest bank was closed "due to adverse weather conditions" and the cash machines were not working.
- 1 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 4 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 7 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 8 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 9 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 10 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed