More traffic chaos as heavy snow returns
THERE was further travel chaos in the St Albans district today (Friday) after further heavy snowfalls on top of the week s earlier snow. Holywell Hill and St Stephen s Hill in St Albans were closed to traffic after a two car accident there this morning ar
THERE was further travel chaos in the St Albans district today (Friday) after further heavy snowfalls on top of the week's earlier snow.
Holywell Hill and St Stephen's Hill in St Albans were closed to traffic after a two car accident there this morning around 8.30am.
Arriva buses suspended their service after one of their vehicles skidded outside St Albans City Station at about 9am blocking the entrance. Gritters were called to the scene as emergency services worked to clear the road.
Trains were running but with delays.
You may also want to watch:
The Harpenden branch of NatWest bank was closed "due to adverse weather conditions" and the cash machines were not working.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 6 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital