More than a million views for London Colney teenager’s YouTube video
- Credit: Image supplied
If the number of videos viewed on a social media site was translated into pounds, a St Albans teen would be a millionaire by now.
YouTube videos featuring singing by Dylan Musanhu, 18, (pictured) of London Colney, have racked up over one million views.
Back in 2012, a year after moving here from South Africa, the Marlborough Science Academy pupil began rapping and singing his version of a range of hits.
Two years later, the teen’s most popular video is Chiraq by Nicki Minaj featuring Lil Herb, which has attracted over 170,000 views, while his version of Loyal by Chris Brown with Lil Wayne, has had over 140,000 views.
He said: “I’m surprised at reaching over one million views on the internet. My friends are shocked. I’m going to keep doing the videos, because it is something I love doing.”
You may also want to watch:
About six months ago rapper Nicki Minaj posted a picture of her alongside Dylan, where he was posing like the singer, on Instagram where it quickly received over 50,000 “likes”.
Dylan hopes to study media upon leaving school.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Shortages crisis hits district
- 3 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 4 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 5 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 6 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 Neighbouring councils reject Bowmans Cross development
- 9 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25