More swine flu cases confirmed for Herts
A FURTHER three cases of swine flu have been confirmed in the county bringing the current total to seven. One of those is a man from West Herts, which takes in Watford, St Albans and Hemel Hempstead, who has recently returned from a trip to a swine flu in
A FURTHER three cases of swine flu have been confirmed in the county bringing the current total to seven.
One of those is a man from West Herts, which takes in Watford, St Albans and Hemel Hempstead, who has recently returned from a trip to a swine flu infected country.
The two other new cases are young people in North Herts and Dacorum who attend a school outside the county.
The three additional cases come after the NHS in the county admitted earlier this week that three people from Stevenage and another from West Herts had contracted the disease.
You may also want to watch:
All the patients have been given anti-viral drugs and are recovering well at home.
Dr Jane Halpin, director of public health for Herts, said: "For these patients their symptoms have been mild and they are responding well to treatment.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 3 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 4 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 5 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 St Albans barber and landlord hit by Covid closures due to 'pingdemic'
- 8 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 9 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 10 Revealed: The St Albans postcodes with the biggest house price reductions
"These three new cases of swine flu are not connected to the four cases previously announced but they do not come as a surprise given the pattern of spread of this new strain of flu.