More swine flu cases confirmed for Herts
A FURTHER three cases of swine flu have been confirmed in the county bringing the current total to seven. One of those is a man from West Herts, which takes in Watford, St Albans and Hemel Hempstead, who has recently returned from a trip to a swine flu in
A FURTHER three cases of swine flu have been confirmed in the county bringing the current total to seven.
One of those is a man from West Herts, which takes in Watford, St Albans and Hemel Hempstead, who has recently returned from a trip to a swine flu infected country.
The two other new cases are young people in North Herts and Dacorum who attend a school outside the county.
The three additional cases come after the NHS in the county admitted earlier this week that three people from Stevenage and another from West Herts had contracted the disease.
You may also want to watch:
All the patients have been given anti-viral drugs and are recovering well at home.
Dr Jane Halpin, director of public health for Herts, said: "For these patients their symptoms have been mild and they are responding well to treatment.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 4 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 5 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 6 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 7 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 8 Mouth of the Tyne: St Albans City don't do lower league opposition but keep bringing them on
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 Revealed: The most popular places in Hertfordshire to move to
"These three new cases of swine flu are not connected to the four cases previously announced but they do not come as a surprise given the pattern of spread of this new strain of flu.