More swine flu cases confirmed for Herts
A FURTHER three cases of swine flu have been confirmed in the county bringing the current total to seven. One of those is a man from West Herts, which takes in Watford, St Albans and Hemel Hempstead, who has recently returned from a trip to a swine flu in
A FURTHER three cases of swine flu have been confirmed in the county bringing the current total to seven.
One of those is a man from West Herts, which takes in Watford, St Albans and Hemel Hempstead, who has recently returned from a trip to a swine flu infected country.
The two other new cases are young people in North Herts and Dacorum who attend a school outside the county.
The three additional cases come after the NHS in the county admitted earlier this week that three people from Stevenage and another from West Herts had contracted the disease.
You may also want to watch:
All the patients have been given anti-viral drugs and are recovering well at home.
Dr Jane Halpin, director of public health for Herts, said: "For these patients their symptoms have been mild and they are responding well to treatment.
- 1 There's no business like snow business in St Albans
- 2 Community pharmacies now part of Herts COVID vaccination rollout
- 3 Herts COVID-19 fatalities surge as UK death toll surpasses major milestone
- 4 'This was quite an emotional experience!' - Thanks to Covid vaccination teams from the people they have treated
- 5 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 6 Raise a glass to the local brewers facing up to the challenges of lockdown
- 7 Lockdown life to be recorded in two museums projects
- 8 How many people in St Albans were fined for breaking COVID rules?
- 9 Remembering one-of-a-kind local legend Lee Bozier
- 10 Love is in the air - check out these Valentine's treats
"These three new cases of swine flu are not connected to the four cases previously announced but they do not come as a surprise given the pattern of spread of this new strain of flu.