More problems at St Albans new Wesminster Lodge
PROBLEMS continued for the city’s new leisure centre this week as phone lines went down just weeks after it opened.
A frustrated reader complained that he had expected St Albans council to use the old Westminster Lodge number for the new leisure centre.
Instead the number rang until it rang out with no cut-in message to say the number had been changed.
And when he had located the new Westminster Lodge number, he found the line was out of order.
He added: “I did get through on one occasion but no-one answered the phone.”
You may also want to watch:
Richard Shwe, the council’s head of community services, confirmed there were currently technical issues with the telephone system for the new Westminster Lodge Leisure Centre.
He went on: “The leisure centre operator, Everyone Active, is working with its telephone service provider to resolve this issue. If people are experiencing difficulties in getting through to the leisure centre, Everyone Active is asking them to email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 2 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 3 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 4 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 7 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 8 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 9 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 10 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
“For information about opening times, please go to: http://www.everyoneactive.com/tabid/1756/Default.aspx. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.”
Mr Shwe added: “The council hopes to resolve the issue with the old leisure centre telephone number shortly.”
The leisure centre has encountered several problems since it opened on November 10 including the pool being closed because a child fell and suffered a head injury on slippery floors, difficulties in finding parking spaces and some staff claiming not to have been paid for their first month.