Moo Poo Bingo hits the jackpot for Harpenden Rugby Club
MOO Poo Bingo could hit the jackpot when it comes to raising funds to replace a rugby club’s showers and boilers.
The novel idea has been dreamt up by the Men in Black of Harpenden Rugby Football Club and one lucky ticket holder stands to win �1,000.
Next Sunday, October 3, the first team pitch will be “virtually” divided up into a thousand squares, each having been “sold” off at the rate of �5 a square.
At around 1pm Daisy the cow will be released on to the pitch to do what she does best – munching her way through the turf while meandering around the pitch and in time, needing to “relieve” herself.
And to quote the famous saying, “Where there’s muck, there’s brass”, the lucky owner of the square on which she does the business will win the �1,000.
You may also want to watch:
So far the boys of Harpenden RFC have been through the town in a pantomime cow outfit selling tickets and Daisy has been photographed outside many of the local shops and businesses at their own request. Daisy also has her own Facebook page – Daisy, Queen of HRFC Moo Poo Bingo.
The event will start at around 1pm next Sunday at the club in Redbourn Lane. The bar will be open as well as a hog roast and barbecue. Tickets can be obtained from Harpenden Directory at 67 High Street, The Daisy Chain, The Oak Tree and the rugby club itself.
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 3 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 4 From the terraces to the pitch - Huw Dawson ecstatic to reach FA Cup first round with St Albans City
- 5 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 6 Property Spotlight: A detached home on one of St Albans' most desirable streets
- 7 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 8 St Albans City reach FA Cup first round after shoot-out win over Corinthian Casuals
- 9 Charity clothes swap raises thousands for mental health charity
- 10 A New York state of mind