Doorstep carol concert to be held in Harpenden cul de sac
- Credit: Roslyn Vangundy
Residents of a cul de sac in Harpenden are still managing to celebrate the festive season together this year, by hosting a socially distanced Christmas singalong.
At 5.30pm on Christmas Eve, people who live in Mons Close will gather on their own doorsteps to sing carols with mince pies and mulled wine.
Peter Wilson, who lives in Mons Close, has carefully selected music for the highly anticipated event, ensuring that it can be heard to unite voices around the close and beyond.
The community spirit amongst those who live in Mons Close has been constant this year, with new residents being welcomed with weekly food parcels - delivered by 'Mons Close Elf' Chris Noble - and street party celebrations to mark national holidays.
New Mons Close resident Roslyn Vangundy, who moved into the cul de sac back in March, said: "We have had a VE Day celebration in the summer with the whole cul de sac involved. We had quizzes, fish and chips; we set tables and chairs out like we were at a restaurant.
You may also want to watch:
"We also had Santa visiting during our 'turn on our Christmas lights' event, where all the kids got presents from our own Santa Claus.
"I just wanted to say what a fantastic group of people young and retired [who live in the cul de sac]. We look out for each other, give things to one another and share jokes on our WhatsApp chat.
- 1 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 2 Herts covered in blanket of snow as flurries fell on Sunday
- 3 Property Spotlight: A stunning period conversion in central St Albans
- 4 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 5 Police swoop on organised gangs as part of major operation
- 6 Community pharmacies now part of Herts COVID vaccination rollout
- 7 County council offices could be sold off or leased in part
- 8 When One Direction, Ed Sheeran, The Police and Led Zep played Herts gigs
- 9 Harpenden St George's and Old Albanian well represented in England's Six Nations squad
- 10 Stamp duty holiday extension to be debated in Parliament
"We believe we have the best lights in town. I'm very thankful."