Modest champ is on top of the world
BUILDER Daniel Corner s feeling on top of the world – with good reason. On Saturday, the 32-year-old won the World Quadrathlon Championship held in the Czech Republic for the second year running. Daniel, of Puddingstone Drive, St Albans, competed against
BUILDER Daniel Corner's feeling on top of the world - with good reason.
On Saturday, the 32-year-old won the World Quadrathlon Championship held in the Czech Republic for the second year running.
Daniel, of Puddingstone Drive, St Albans, competed against quadrathletes from all over the world to defend his title and take the trophy again.
His partner Louise Price, aged 29, accompanied him to the Czech Republic to cheer him on.
You may also want to watch:
She said: "Dan's such a modest man. He doesn't blow his own trumpet but I am so proud of him. He is so dedicated getting up at 5.30am every day to train before he goes to work. Sometimes he even cycles to London where most of his work is. Then he's back out training in the evenings as well."
Louise, a maths teacher, is no couch potato herself accompanying Daniel on his training swims and cycling alongside him as he runs.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 4 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 5 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 8 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 9 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 10 Black History Month: 'I am connected to the world by a multitude of threads'
To win his title he completed a 1500-metre swim, kayaked for nine kilometres, cycled for 40 kilometres and did a 10-kilometre run in a c ombined time of two hours 34 minutes and seven seconds.
The runner-up came in one minute and 13 seconds later.
His next challenge will be the World Duathlete event in Rimini, Italy, to be held on September 28 which consists of running and cycling.