PAUL Ealham will become Mr Bump for the day when he runs his ninth London Marathon this weekend. The 43-year-old, who was born and brought up in St Albans, will be completing the challenge in memory of a friend s son who died of leukaemia a few years back
PAUL Ealham will become Mr Bump for the day when he runs his ninth London Marathon this weekend.
The 43-year-old, who was born and brought up in St Albans, will be completing the challenge in memory of a friend's son who died of leukaemia a few years back.
Also spurring Paul on to raise money for the charity Children with Leukaemia, is the plight of another child he knows who has been diagnosed with the illness and is receiving treatment.
Paul, who now lives in Abbots Langley with his wife and two children, has been running since he was seven years old and is a member of St Albans Striders.
You may also want to watch:
He has completed the London Marathon for cancer charities nine times, each in fancy dress. But his fundraising efforts don't stop there. He has recently held a fundraising disco which raised £2,000 for Children with Leukaemia and he has also managed to get his hands on a number of rare collectors' items to auction off for the charity.
With the help of a friend, Paul has got a pair of signed Joe Calzaghe boxing gloves, a Six Nations rugby ball signed by Martyn Williams and a signed Spurs shirt which will be auctioned on eBay for the cause.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 5 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 6 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 7 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 8 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 9 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area
To sponsor Paul for his Flora London Marathon challenge visit www.bmycharity.com and type in his name, or to find out about the items to be auctioned e-mail him at firstname.lastname@example.org