Missing St Albans Man thought to have been murdered
DETECTIVES investigating the disappearance of 34 year old Murray Thompson from St Albans have today (Thursday) arrested a man on suspicion of murder.
The 21-year-old man from Watford was arrested this afternoon on suspicion of murdering 34-year-old Murray from St Peter’s Street, St Albans.
He had last been seen by work colleagues on Monday, April 20, and his ‘Gil-Lec’ work van was seen in the area of St Albans Road/Leavesden Road in Watford around the time he went missing and it was later located in Bushey.
Following extensive enquires, detectives identified a flat in St Albans Road in Watford as having been previously visited by Murray and forensic investigations have taken place there.
Detective Inspector Tim Redfearn, from the Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire Major Crime Unit, said: “Murray was reported missing over six weeks ago and a thorough investigation has been taking place since this time. Although his body has not been located, our enquires have led us to believe he has sadly been murdered.
“Specialist family liaison officers have been supporting Murray’s family and will continue to do so during this very traumatic time.
“They are understandably desperate for answers about what has happened to him and I believe there are people who may have vital information about his disappearance. If this is you I would urge you to contact police via the incident room on 01707 355959 and share this or alternatively you can give information anonymously by calling Crimestoppers, the independent charity, on 0800 555111.”
- 1 Former Harpenden primary school teacher jailed for 138 years
- 2 Elderly woman chased knife-wielding stranger from her bedroom
- 3 Man seen walking 'naked from waist down' in Harpenden
- 4 Platinum Jubilee: Hertfordshire's royal visits in pictures
- 5 Armed police seize machete from Sandpit Lane in St Albans
- 6 St Albans Pub Pride: Why we need to tackle monkeypox prejudice
- 7 St Albans skatepark inviting newcomers to join community
- 8 Rapist jailed for 15 years after kidnapping teen in Hemel Hempstead
- 9 Police probe into death of man in 20s at 'Kinky Towers' in Hertfordshire
- 10 Hertfordshire teen bullying victim given royal honour
The arrested man, who is from Watford, remains in police custody.