Miraculous Escape For Driver In St Albans Accident
A DRIVER S lucky escape from a serious accident has been hailed as miraculous by the ambulance service. The collision between the lorry and car happened along the A405 in Chiswell Green between Starbucks and the Tippendell Lane roundabout at around 10.3
A DRIVER'S lucky escape from a serious accident has been hailed as "miraculous" by the ambulance service.
The collision between the lorry and car happened along the A405 in Chiswell Green between Starbucks and the Tippendell Lane roundabout at around 10.30am this morning.
Ambulance crews from Borehamwood and Garston attended the scene and found the Vauxhall Vectra wedged beneath the Mercedes lorry, but both drivers were unscathed.
Paramedic Darren Southam, who was first at the scene, said: "We believe the man had collided with a stationary lorry which had broken down on the carriageway. His car was embedded underneath the rear of the lorry and amazingly he was out on our arrival."
You may also want to watch:
The man in his 20s was assessed by paramedics and did not require hospital treatment.
A large quantity of battery acid and diesel spilt as a result of the accident and Herts Highways were called upon to clear the road, which was closed for a number of hours.
- 1 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 2 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 3 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 4 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 5 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 6 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 9 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 10 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park