Miraculous Escape For Driver In St Albans Accident
A DRIVER S lucky escape from a serious accident has been hailed as miraculous by the ambulance service. The collision between the lorry and car happened along the A405 in Chiswell Green between Starbucks and the Tippendell Lane roundabout at around 10.3
A DRIVER'S lucky escape from a serious accident has been hailed as "miraculous" by the ambulance service.
The collision between the lorry and car happened along the A405 in Chiswell Green between Starbucks and the Tippendell Lane roundabout at around 10.30am this morning.
Ambulance crews from Borehamwood and Garston attended the scene and found the Vauxhall Vectra wedged beneath the Mercedes lorry, but both drivers were unscathed.
Paramedic Darren Southam, who was first at the scene, said: "We believe the man had collided with a stationary lorry which had broken down on the carriageway. His car was embedded underneath the rear of the lorry and amazingly he was out on our arrival."
You may also want to watch:
The man in his 20s was assessed by paramedics and did not require hospital treatment.
A large quantity of battery acid and diesel spilt as a result of the accident and Herts Highways were called upon to clear the road, which was closed for a number of hours.
- 1 Can you help after man left unconscious outside St Albans pub?
- 2 Lease up for grabs on vacant Batchwood Hall building
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 Birthday charity walks in brother's memory
- 5 Driver hospitalised after three-vehicle accident on M1 near Redbourn
- 6 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 7 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 8 Market trader says goodbye to beard after 15 years
- 9 Pupils' brighter walk to school thanks to developer
- 10 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!