Minor delays in place after M25 crash near St Albans last night
- Credit: Archant
Drivers are warned they could face delays due to a part closure on the M25 eastbound between junctions 21a and 22 after an incident last night.
Lane one clockwise is currently closed due to emergency repairs and expected to reopen overnight, a spokesman for the Highways Agency confirmed.
This was after a lorry came off a motorway carriageway yesterday evening and ended up on a river embankment.
A spokesman for St Albans fire station confirmed that fire fighters from St Albans and Garston fire stations attended the incident at 7.30pm last night, between the exit for The Noke Hotel and London Colney.
He said: “An articulated lorry had left the carriageway and ended up down the embankment bridging the River Colney.
You may also want to watch:
“Officers from both St Albans and Garston stations and our rescue unit attended with the assistance of the ambulance and Herts air ambulance services.”
A spokesman for Herts Police confirmed that officers were called to the scene at 7.20pm last night after reports of a single vehicle collision.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 3 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 4 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 5 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 6 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 7 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 8 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 9 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 10 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season
He said: “A white lorry left the carriageway and collided with the side barrier.
“There were lane closures in place until about 4am this morning when it was passed to the Highways Agency who are currently on scene repairing the barrier.”
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance NHS Trust confirmed an officer, an ambulance, three help vehicles and an air ambulance were dispatched at 7.26pm.
Anyone with information is asked to call Herts Police on non-emergency number 101.